Anna Locke condenses years of her own hands-on experience to walk you through all the skills and techniques you need to design and plant a delicious, useful and thriving garden in both town and country that is also a haven for wildlife as well as for humans.
This practical guide shows you how to create your own edible sanctuary, for year round food, in any sized garden, with minimal effort and care for Nature too. Go foraging at your own back door!
Anna Locke condenses years of her own hands-on experience as a garden designer to walk you through all the skills and techniques you need to design and plant a delicious, useful and thriving garden. Whether it’s a few plant pots on a patio, a small urban back yard, or a bigger garden or smallholding in the country, you will learn how to create a wildlife friendly space for minimal cost.
Our gardens can be part of a bigger, local food strategy that can be abundant, healthy and resilient. A forager’s garden provides nutrient dense food through every season and requires minimal work to maintain. It helps give self-sufficiency to anyone with minimal time for gardening.
This book will give you:
- An overview of organic gardening techniques, great for the beginner
- A basic, accessible guide to designing your garden
- Insights into how to plant guilds and choose what is right for your space
- Valuable information on how ‘weeds’ can become harvests
- A choice of nutritious, seasonal plants for any sized plot
- Techniques to grow maximum food with minimal work and cost
- Practices that reconnect you with Nature and enhance wellbeing
- Money saving tips to make planting a forager’s garden a must!
Anna’s The Forager’s Garden shows you one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to grow and harvest food while creating a beautiful and harmonious garden for wildlife and health.
|Book title||The Forager's Garden: Grow an Edible Sanctuary in Your Own Backyard|