Nature Connection – free eBook
Nature connection is increasingly understood as an important part of a young person’s education and development.
The wide-ranging benefits brought about through nature connection include:
- Improved physical and mental health
- Improved empathy for, and understanding of, ecosystems.
- An improved sense of ‘eco-citizenship’.
- Empowerment to take action-rather than despair in the face of contemporary challenges.
However, for many teachers (as it is for our learners) nature connection is new territory. This resource aims to give teachers the confidence to plan and deliver nature connection sessions, with any group, of any age and ability, and through any part of the curriculum. It contains:
- ‘Flow learning’, around which any nature connection activity can be structured.
- Sample lesson plans, demonstrating how nature connection activities can be delivered in practice.
- A mapping of nature connection to the four purposes of the Curriculum for Wales.
- Links for further information and resources, for those wanting to find out more about nature connection.
This resource was developed by Jasmine Dale, as a Renew Wales ‘Innovation Initiative’.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.