The great thing that separates this hot composter from traditional composting is that it works all year round. Hotbin Composters come with a guide to make setting up very easy; bulking agent, a little of which is added to cooked food to help it process; a thermometer to check on initial progress (there is another one in the lid); a racking stick to mix the contents; a plastic bottle used as a kick start heater in winter; and straps to secure the lower door. With a hotbin you can quickly reverse how much waste you send to landfill and reward yourself with rich, humeric, weed free, compost every 90 days.
Material: Expanded polypropylene, EPP (100% recyclable), Warranty: 3 years.
Hotbin Composter MK2 (200L)
Size: Height: 114.5cm (45in), Width: 55cm (21.6in), Depth: 55cm (21.6in) (requires 67.5cm depth & 160.5cm height for the lid to be fully opened.)
* The Leachate Collection System, an internal base that funnels the liquid so it can easily be tapped and collected and used as a fertiliser.
* Superior Lid Seal: an improved seal which keeps the lid firmly closed, preventing water from entering and locking in heat.
* Slicker design: Protruding hinge is part of the main structure making the hotbin more streamlined and perfectly square. The aeration mesh now slots into the base.
Weight: 8kg (17.6lb) empty, 22kg when full.
Hotbin Mini (100L)
Size: Height: 112.5cm, Width: 45cm, Depth: 45cm (requires 53cm depth & 142cm height for the lid to be fully opened.)
The Hotbin Mini is a slimline composter designed for smaller gardens and for keen composters who have less waste. Half the volume of the Hotbin Mk.2, the Mini is a 100 litre unit which benefits from all of the features on the Mk.2 model but on a smaller scale.
* Reaches 40-60°C for fast and effective composting
* Composts all food and garden waste
* Produces compost quickly – mulching in 30 days and general purpose in 90
* Compact – the slimline HOTBIN Mini is a better fit for smaller gardens with limited space
* Requires less waste to maintain hot composting temperatures – 2.5kg or 5 litres of waste per week
Weight: 4kg empty, 18kg when full.