Getting Started in Your Own Wood
Julian Evans and Will Rolls
It is written by experts committed to the care and stewardship of our woodland resources and provides practical advice and guidance for those coming to woodland management for the first time.
- Owning or caring for a wood
- First steps
- When you may need permission
- Planting and caring for trees
- Natural regeneration
- Cleaning, pruning, thinning and felling
- Coppicing and pollarding
- Woodland crafts and products
- Firewood and wood to burn
- Enriching the wood for wildlife
- Keeping your wood safe from pests and diseases
- Advice and where to get help.
Getting Started in Your Own Wood is an expanded and updated edition of Julian’s hugely successful Badgers, Beeches and Blisters, it has been fully revised and has two new chapters added by Will Rolls, author of The Log Book, on firewood and tree pests and diseases.
|Size||232 x 155mm|