Agroecology is based on applying ecological concepts and principles to optimise interactions between plants, animals, humans and the environment while taking into consideration the social aspects that need to be addressed for a sustainable and fair food system.
By building synergies, agroecology can support food production and food security and nutrition while restoring the ecosystem services and biodiversity that are essential for sustainable agriculture.
Agroecology in Action explores the different aspects, with chapters including:
- Encouraging Biodiversity
- Replacing Agrochemicals
- Adapting to and Mitigating Climate Change
- Building Soil Health
- Promoting Closed-Loop Systems
- Increasing Accessibility and Affordability of Food
- Integrating the Community
- Encouraging Innovation and Education
- Supporting Culture and Tradition
- Increasing the Quantity and Quality of Jobs
- Enhancing Economic Resilience
|Author||The Landworkers' Alliance|